King County Industrial Waste program
Partnering with industries to prevent pollution
We administer regulations to make sure the wastewater generated by industries is treated properly. Many industries must pretreat wastewater before sending it to the sewer. This protects the wastewater treatment process, workers, facilities, and water quality.
And it works. Our waterways are cleaner today than in previous decades because business practices have improved.
Getting authorization to discharge to the King County sewer system.
- Learn more about getting authorization for your business sector
- Download application forms
- Requirements for discharging wastewater
Managing your permit/authorization
Rewards and recognition
- Wastewater Treatment Division
News and updates
- Update: In July 2017, the EPA published new regulations for dental offices.
- Fees and surcharges update
- News release: Industrial facilities honored for environmental compliance in 2017, June 19, 2018
- Blog: Protecting Puget Sound by preventing pollution at the source | Brewing up clean water | Industrial Waste Fees for Surcharge Customers | Updating Industrial Waste Fees: Next Steps | more Industrial Waste articles