King County Industrial Waste Program
Partnering with industries to prevent pollution
We administer regulations to make sure the wastewater generated by industries is treated properly. Many industries must pretreat wastewater before sending it to the sewer. This protects the wastewater treatment process, workers, facilities, and water quality.
And it works. Our waterways are cleaner today than in previous decades because business practices have improved.
Get authorization to discharge to the King County sewer system.
- Learn more about getting authorization for your business sector
- Download application forms
- Requirements for discharging wastewater
Manage your permit/authorization
- 2021 Annual report
- General fact sheet
- Technical assistance
- Discharge limits and regulations
- Related water quality agencies and organizations
Rewards and recognition
Learn more about the Industrial Waste Program