KingCare Select – UW Medicine
UW Medicine provides care to patients from around the globe, educates the next generation of physicians and scientists, and supports one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive medical research programs. UW Medicine embraces patient- and family-centered care and strives to provide patients and families with a welcoming environment; respect for their values; empowerment and collaboration; access, coordination and integration of care; and comfort and support.
The UW Medicine network includes more than 700 primary care providers; more than 8,000 specialists; 25 primary care clinics; 11 urgent care clinics and a virtual urgent care clinic; and five hospitals, including Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Do you have a Primary Care Provider?
A Primary Care Provider (PCP) can make a big difference in your health through continuity of care. That means you and your PCP establish a partnership over time to achieve the best possible health outcomes. If you are enrolled in the KingCare Select medical plan, you must choose a PCP and let Regence know who you selected. Regence will create an ID card for each member with their PCP listed. If you don’t choose a PCP, Regence will assign one to you based on your area. You can change your PCP at any time. To learn more, watch the KingCare Select PCP video and see the PCP FAQ.
UW Medicine service area
Open the full service area map and list of facilities
- A dedicated 1-800 number for King County members to schedule appointments
- Streamlined primary care and specialty access
- Same or next-day appointments for primary care
- Walk-in availability for urgent care
- Access to a 24/7 Virtual Clinic
- 24-hour Nurse Advice Line
- Access to electronic health records
Other ways to access careIn addition to the health care professionals, clinics, and hospitals available in the UW Medicine network, Regence offers the following ways to access care from the comfort of your own home, or when on the road.
- Doctor on Demand™: This service offers 24/7 access to video chat with a doctor or behavioral health specialist. The copay is normally $10 per visit, however, during the COVID-19 crisis, copays are waived. Download the Doctor on Demand app on your smartphone or tablet, or Register online using your computer and your Regence member ID. For additional information, see the FAQ.
- Virtual care from your regular doctor: Coverage has been expanded to cover other providers and services that can be appropriately rendered in a telehealth setting. Many in-network providers now offer telehealth options, including primary care; behavioral health; and physical, occupational, and speech therapists. Check with your providers to see if they offer virtual visits. COVID-19-related visits are covered at no cost; standard plan benefits apply to visits for other services.
- Advice24: This 24/7 nurse line provides immediate support for everyday health issues, and can help you decide when you should go to the emergency room or urgent care. Call 800-267-6729.
Find a provider in the UW Medicine network
- Use the provider search tool to determine if your current primary provider and other health professionals are part of the UW Medicine network. To learn how, watch this video: Using the Regence provider search tool.
- Be sure to perform a search for all family members. Each person in your family can choose their own provider, as long as all of your family's providers are in your chosen network.
- If you have questions about the network, a specific provider, or need help finding a network provider, call UW Medicine: 855-520-8558. If you have benefits questions, need to select your primary care provider, or to order an ID card, call Regence: 800-376-7926.
Employees and covered family members who want to continue seeing providers who are not part of the UW Medicine network will pay significantly more for care. See plan comparisons for details: Regular, ATU, Sheriff. Use the online search tool to review the list of in-network providers carefully.
- Health Support Programs
- Plan Comparison (Regular)
- Plan Comparison (ATU)
- Plan Comparison (Sheriff)
- KingCare Select FAQs
Benefits and retirement
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays