Skip to main content
King County logo

King County Water Taxi

Your King County employee ID/ORCA card allows you to ride free on the King County Water Taxi (serving Vashon Island-Downtown Seattle and West Seattle-Downtown Seattle).

photo: Water Taxi

Kitsap Transit Ferries

Your King County employee ID/ORCA card allows you to ride free on Kitsap Transit Foot Ferries (serving Port Orchard-Bremerton and Annapolis-Bremerton) and the Fast Ferry between Bremerton and Seattle.

Washington State Ferries

Your King County employee ID/ORCA card does not cover rides on Washington State Ferries (WSF).

However, King County employees who commute as walk-on passengers on WSF can sign up for pre-tax payroll deduction to buy a separate ORCA card loaded each month with a passenger ferry pass.

Please remember that your employee ID/ORCA card already covers King County Water Taxi routes and Kitsap Transit Foot Ferry.

The employee Transportation Program (ETP) takes care of everything. Once you sign up, the ETP will get you a new ORCA card and then each month loads it electronically. You will see the deduction on your pay statement. You do not need to register this ORCA card. If the card is lost, stolen, or damaged, the Employee Transportation Program will provide you with a replacement card and transfer the remaining balance to the new card for you.

To sign up for any of the following monthly passes (current prices as of September 2017), fill out a registration form or contact your Employee Transportation manager at 206-477-5853.

  • WSF Central Sound Monthly Pass for $107.70
  • WSF Fauntleroy-Southworth Monthly Pass for $83.40
  • WSF Mukilteo-Clinton Monthly Pass for $65.45
  • WSF Vashon Island Monthly Pass for $70.60

Completed forms must be sent to KSC-TR-0434. If you already purchase a WSF monthly pass through payroll deduction, you do not need to take any action.  If you wish to change or discontinue your payroll deduction for a WSF monthly pass, contact your ETP by no later than the 1st of the month.

Be sure to sign up at least four weeks before the beginning of the month when you want the pass to start.  For example, if you sign up by January 1st, your deductions will show on your January paycheck for a pass that starts February 1st.

Please understand the ORCA system will record data each time you use your assigned WSF card.  Data will include the date, time and location of the card when it is presented.  Be also sure to understand this data is owned by the transit Agencies and is accessible to King County, the owner of your WSF card.

Is your WSF card lost, stolen, or damaged?

To replace a lost, stolen or damaged Washington State Ferry monthly pass (blue ORCA card) contact your Employee Transportation Program Manager, Hossein Barahimi, at (206) 477-5853.


Ask Hossein!

Your Employee Transportation
Program Manager:

Hossein Barahimi

Or email