Energy conservation is the focus of Level Two of the King County Green Schools Program. Schools and school districts are recognized after they complete Level Two criteria. See Best Practices, resources, and recognition. For a description of the program, visit How it Works.
Teach students why energy conservation is important, engage students and others in your school community in taking action to conserve energy, and reduce energy use in your school, district, and community.
Reducing energy consumption reduces emissions that contribute to climate change. Conserving energy also saves money. After salaries, schools and school districts spend the most money on utilities such as electricity and heat.
Best practices, resources, and recognition
- Energy Conservation - Best Practices Guide for SchoolsDownload PDF 350 K
- Recognition form for schools: Level Two – Energy Conservation
- IMPORTANT: If you are unable to complete this form in one sitting, click the "Save" button in the bottom right of the form. You will receive an email with a link to your form so you can return to the form and continue filling it out. After you complete the form, hit the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form.
- Energy Conservation - School District Criteria Download MS Word document , 300 K
- Energy Conservation Resources