Information on how to donate and/or in-kind gifts
For this reason, RASKC has created the Pet Benefit Donation Fund which consists of four gift funds:
- Pet Benefit Bequest Fund - An overall donation account that may be used for any program, service or purchase that benefits the animals including, but not limited to, facility improvements, services for hard-to-place animals, or any of the services outlined in the Spay/Neuter, Help the Animals, or Animal Retention funds.
- Angel Fund - Donations may be used to provide shelter and/or veterinary care for abused animals or pay for medical care associated with rehabilitating sick and injured animals through our Foster Care Program.
- Animal Retention Fund - Donations may be used for such activities as developing public education videos, advertisements, classes, or other programs that promote responsible pet ownership or provide tools for correcting animal behavior.
- Spay & Neuter Fund - Donations may be used to pay or offset the cost of spaying and neutering of pets, promote public awareness about the benefits and importance of spaying and neutering, or to purchase new spay and neuter equipment that may not otherwise be obtained.
Since the funds were created, RASKC has been able to save thousands of homeless animals in part due to your invaluable contributions, from volunteering to in-kind donations and finally financial assistance -- we thank you for your support and help!
To ensure your donation goes to the fund of your choice, make sure to clearly state your fund preference. Any undesignated donations are earmarked for the Benefit Bequest Fund (general fund). Charitable contributions to governmental entities are tax-deductible under section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code if made for a public purpose. Download the Governmental Information Letter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Where does my donation actually go?
Your donation is deposited into any combination of the four funds that you designated on the e-Donation website. The funds are accessed for programs or purchases that are within the parameters of the fund and are released upon the County Executive's request and appropriation approval by the King County Council.
2. What forms of payment do you accept?
Our e-Donation system accepts credit and debit cards from Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
3. Will I get an acknowledgement of my donation?
Yes. You will receive a confirmation email that acknowledges your donation that includes your name, date and time of the donation, the amount you donated into each of the funds and a transaction number for reference.
4. If I make a donation in honor of someone, will they receive an acknowledgement of the donation?
No, they will not. If you would like to notify them of your donation, we ask that you provide them with a copy of your email confirmation.
5. What is RASKC's tax id and Is my donation tax deductible?
Regional Animal Services of King County (federal tax identification number 91-6001327) is an agency within King County government, a tax exempt organization. While we are not a charitable organization per se, your donation may be tax deductible. Consult with your tax advisor.
6. What is the website for online donations?
Secure, protected online donations can be made by clicking on the donations buttons at the top of this page.
While great animals await their permanent homes, there are a few items they could really use to support their needs at the Pet Adoption Center. Toys or pet-related items found here or in this downloadable wish list (also on Amazon Wish List) would go a long way to ensure that adoptable pets have a more comfortable stay at the Pet Adoption Center.
- Durable/powerful chewer dog toys (such as Goughnuts)
- Large and Extra Large size Kongs
- Two-handled dog leashes
- Natural Balance brand dog food rolls (Lamb & Chicken Formula)
- Fleece blankets
- Kuranda brand dog beds
- Esbilac puppy milk replacer
- Easy-Walk harnesses (sizes M, M/L, L)
- Canned paté-style dog food
- Exercise pens
- Xylitol-free peanut butter (for enrichment)
- Low sodium bouillon cubes (for enrichment)
- Soft dog training treats
- Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Litter (18 lbs)
- Tidy Cats non-clumping clay litter (20 lbs)
- The First Years Infant and Baby Toy
- Canned cat food (preferably 3 oz. pop top cans of Sheba or Fancy Feast pate)
- Yards of fleece for making cat blankets (or make your own to donate)
- KMR kitten milk replacer
- Snuggle Safe microwaveable warming discs
- Smart Pet behavioral aid for orphan kittens
- Jars of Gerber brand meat baby food (no onion powder)
- Canned pumpkin
- Cat toys
- Ping pong balls
- Scratching posts
- Stretch and Scratch brand cat kennel scratching pads
- Plastic cat carriers (new or gently used)
- Pill pockets for both dogs and cats (various sizes and flavors)
- Small animal bedding (without shavings or cedar)
- Pet supply store gift cards
- Animal nursing bottles
- Heated pet beds and bed warmers
- Slow feeding bowls and interactive feeding toys (dogs and cats)
- Heated pet bowls and buckets
- Advantage brand flea treatment
- Digital camera
- Photo lighting equipment
- Duct tape
- Knee pads (for our volunteers)
- Bales of pine shavings for livestock
Pet Information Line
TTY Relay 711