Skip to main content
King County logo

Pet licensing made easy

Whether you are purchasing a first time pet license, renewing an existing license, updating your pet's information or requesting a replacement tag -- residents that live in the RASKC coverage area can access the *online system anytime, anywhere.

*A bank processing fee of 2.35% ($2 minimum) will be applied to all card transactions; a $1 fee will apply to all echeck transactions. No part of the convenience fee goes to King County.

Did you know?


Licensing your pet helps RASKC gives thousands of animals a second chance by providing quality care to pets, including servicing the community with 24/7 animal control response. More importantly, a license protects your pet. Should they become lost, for the good samaritan who finds them, all they need to do is call the number on their tag (available anytime, any day) in order to help with the happy reunion.

Get answers to your FAQs.

General Information


King County pet licenses are required for all dogs and cats eight weeks of age or older living in the *Regional Animal Services coverage area. A pet license identifies and protects your dog or cat in case they get lost. Also, pet licenses offer lots of other great benefits as well, including our Free Ride Home program.

Even indoor-only cats or pets confined to fenced yards get loose and their licenses help assure you can be reunited with them. Licenses are inexpensive identification and are for your pet's protection and safety. License revenue also makes it possible to reunite lost pets with their families and for adoption services for homeless pets.

RASKC provides service to the unincorporated portion of King County and the following contracting cities: Beaux Arts, Bellevue, Black Diamond, Carnation, Clyde Hill, Covington, Duvall, Enumclaw, Issaquah, Kenmore, Kent, Lake Forest Park, Maple Valley, Mercer Island, Newcastle, North Bend, Redmond, Sammamish, SeaTac, Shoreline, Snoqualmie, Tukwila, Woodinville, Yarrow Point.

Key benefits to licensing your pet

  • Found pets are reunited quickly with their owner. The Pet License office number is on the license. If someone finds your pet, they will call the number, get your contact information, even after hours, and reunite you and your pet.
  • Your pet gets a free ride home the first time it is found. Our staff will attempt to deliver your pet home to you immediately, skipping a trip to the animal shelter.
  • Your pet gets a longer care period. When found, your licensed pet will be safely cared for at the Pet Adoption Center for a longer time.
  • You and your pet get the Vacation Pet Alert. When you leave home on vacation, call 206-296-2712 or email us at to register where your pet will be while you are on vacation, who will be taking care of your pet and where to reach you. We will call the correct number if your pet gets loose during your vacation.
  • License fees support the return of hundreds of lost pets to their homes and help adopt thousands of homeless pets to new families every year. Pet license fees also fund investigation of animal neglect and cruelty, spay/neuter programs to reduce pet over-population, and community education services.

Annual pet licensing and late fees

NB: Fines for unlicensed pets $125 spayed/neutered; $250 unaltered.
Fee Type
$15 Juvenile

Under six months, six months expiration

$30 Altered (Spay / Neuter)

Proof Required

$60 Unaltered

Eligible for spay/neuter voucher

$15 Senior Discount (altered pets only)

Proof that owner is 65 or older. Proof pet is spayed or neutered.

$15 Disabled Person (altered pets only)
$5 Replacement

For lost, unexpired tag

Late Fees



Days Past Expiration: 45 - 90 days


Days Past Expiration: 91 - 135 days


Days Past Expiration: 136 - 364 days

$30 + prior year's license fee

Days Past Expiration: 365+ days

Frequently Asked Questions

King County issues permanent, stainless-steel tags intended to last the lifetime of your pet. However, if your pet does lose its license tag, just mail us your tag number OR your name, address, and pet's name along with a check for $5  to RASKC 500 Fourth Ave. Rm. 403 Seattle, WA 98104, or go to one of our convenient licensing locations. We will send you a new tag. For replacement tags, note licensing locations apply except for Petco.

If you are over 65, or if your pet is under six months of age, you may qualify for a discounted pet license.

If you are over 65 years old

If your pet is spayed/neutered, you are eligible for a discounted pet license. This license costs $15 and is renewed annually. Please provide proof of your age and proof of pet's spay/neuter.

If your pet is under six months old

If your pet is under six months of age, you qualify for a $15 juvenile pet license that is good for six months. After that, the full pet license fee of $30 for a spayed/neutered pet or $60 for an unaltered pet applies.

Yes. King County canvassers issue license tags for your dog(s) and/or cat(s) right while they are at your doorstep. This is a great convenience to you, and provides great protection for your pet. Canvassers may visit you if you live anywhere in our service area.

Pet licensing canvassers have official King County photo identification and wear bright blue polo shirts or windbreakers or a winter jacket with the pet licensing logos.

Hours are generally Sundays 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday – Fridays 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Door-to-door marketers DO NOT accept payment at the door, but they do issue free temporary license tags that need to be renewed by the last day of the following month. This provides your cat and dog immediate protection. When a door-to-door canvasser comes to your door, please welcome him or her.

If you have a disability and use a service animal to assist you, you can receive a King County pet license at no cost. Once we receive your completed pet license application, a free license will be sent to you.

RASKC service animal definition --- A service animal is an animal that does work, performs tasks, or provides medically necessary support for the benefit of an individual with a disability.

While the pet license fee is waived, you will receive an annual renewal notice requesting your confirmation that your animal is still being used as a service animal. If you keep the animal after it retires from service, the annual pet license fee will be due.

Email us at, or call the RASKC pet licensing office at 206-296-2712.

Proprietors of hobby kennels and catteries or guard-dog related businesses in the RASKC service area require specific licenses. Download the pet-related business flyer for details, or call 206-296-7387 for more information.

Public Health - Seattle & King County also regulates and issues permits for many pet-related businesses including pet shops, aquariums, commercial kennels and catteries, pet groomers, dog daycares, animal shelters, certain pet food retailers, and businesses such as feed stores selling live poultry. For more information about these services, please visit the Public Health Pet Business webpage.

This online bank processing fee is not charged by King County. It is a fee charged by our payment processing bank. As a government agency, we pass that direct cost on to the end user. Other options for licensing transactions include postal mail, or you can visit one of 70 locations throughout our region where you can purchase/renew a license or get a replacement tag.
When you select the "purchase new license" button above, the system begins by verifying your location and service provider. Other ways to determine if you live in unincorporated King County is by simply emailing us at or calling us at 206-296-2712..

Pet licensing locations

Looking where to license your pet in person? Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) covers the unincorporated areas of King County, as well as 24 contract cities. We have nearly seventy locations in thirty cities throughout King County where you can purchase / renew your pet license in person. Prefer to purchase your license online? Click here.

The following cities issue their own pet license. Please contact them directly for pet license information: Algona, Auburn, Bothell, Burien, Des Moines, Federal Way, Hunts Point, Kirkland, Medina, Milton, Normandy Park, Pacific, Renton, Seattle, Skykomish.
City Agency Address Phone
Beaux Arts
see Bellevue for locations
Aerowood Animal Hospital 2975 156th Ave SE Bellevue, WA 98007 425-746-6557
Bellevue City Hall 450 110th Ave NE Bellevue WA 98009 425-452-6800
Bellevue Mini City Hall 15600 NE Eighth St Ste. H-9 Bellevue, WA 98008 425-452-2800
QFC #808 10116 NE Eighth St Bellevue, WA 98004 425-455-0870
QFC #822 3550 Factoria Blvd Bellevue, WA 98006 425-643-7110
QFC #826 15600 NE Eighth St Bellevue, WA 98008 425-865-0282
QFC #859 2636 Bellevue Way NE Bellevue, WA 98004 425-822-4154
QFC #874 1510 145th Pl SE Bellevue, WA 98007 425-653-2162
Black Diamond
Black Diamond City Hall 24301 Roberts Dr Black Diamond, WA 98010 360-886-5700
Worthington Licensing Agency 10035 NE 183rd St Bothell, WA 98011 425-481-1714
Carnation City Hall 4621 Tolt Ave Carnation, WA 98014 425-333-4192
Clyde Hill
Clyde Hill City Hall 9605 NE 24th St Clyde Hill, WA 98004 425-453-7800
Covington City Hall 16720 SE 271st St Ste 100 Covington, WA 98042 253-638-1110
  Petco (#1209) 27111 167th Pl SE, Covington, WA 98042
Valley Vehicle Licensing 27331 172nd Ave SE Ste 116 Covington, WA 98042 253-630-7090
Duvall City Hall 15535 Main St Duvall, WA 98019 425-788-1185
Enumclaw City Hall 1339 Griffin Ave Enumclaw, WA 98022 360-825-3591
QFC #863 1009 Monroe St. Enumclaw, WA 98022 360-825-5155
Petco #1279  3540 Factoria Blvd SE Bellevue, WA 98006 425-641-4472
Federal Way
Petco #258 31419 Pacific Highway South Federal Way, WA 98003 253-839-7423
Issaquah City Hall 130 E Sunset Way Issaquah, WA 98027 425-837-3000
Issaquah City Hall Northwest 1775 12th Ave NW Issaquah, WA 98027 425-837-3403
Issaquah Community Service Center 5415 220th Ave SE Issaquah, WA 98029 206-477-2169
  Petco #250 975 NW Gilman Blvd Issaquah, WA 98027 425-392-9664
QFC #821 1540 NW Gilman Blvd Issaquah, WA 98027 425-392-4475
QFC #840 4570 Klahanie Dr SE Issaquah, WA 98029 425-392-2776
Kenmore City Hall 18120 68th Ave NE Kenmore, WA 98028 425-398-8900
Centennial Center 400 W Gowe St Kent, WA 98032 253-856-5200
RASKC 21615 64th Ave S Kent, WA 98032 206-296-7387
Kent Community Service Center 401 4th Ave N - Suite GD 
(inside Maleng Regional Justice Center)
Pet Central 13004 SE Kent Kangley Rd Kent, WA 98030 253-277-7020
  Petco (#1248)  26209 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98030
(located in: Canyon Ridge Plaza)
  Petco (#1292) 25444 Pacific Hwy S, Kent, WA 98032
QFC #803 13304 SE 240th St Kent, WA 98031 253-630-3560
Reber Ranch 28606 132nd Ave SE Kent, WA 98042 253-630-3330
Eastside Auto License Agency 12006 NE 85th St Kirkland, WA 98033 425-828-4661
QFC #838 14130 Juanita Dr NE Kirkland, WA 98034 425-821-4885
Petco #5207 10042 NE 137th Street Kirkland, WA 98034 425-820-0934
Lake Forest Park
Lake Forest Park City Hall 17425 Ballinger Way NE LFP, WA 98155 206-368-5440
PAWS 15305 44th Ave W Lynnwood, WA 98046 425-412-4029
Maple Valley
Maple Valley City Hall 22017 SE Wax Rd Ste 200 Maple Valley, WA 98038 425-413-8800
QFC #837 22131 SE 237th St Maple Valley, WA 98038 425-432-9961
Mercer Island
Mercer Island City Hall 9611 SE 36th St Mercer Island , WA 98040 206-275-7783
QFC #806 8421 SE 68th St Mercer Island, WA 98040 206-232-0102
QFC #839 7823 SE 28th St Mercer Island, WA 98040 206-230-0745
Newcastle City Hall 12835 Newcastle Way Ste 200 Newcastle, WA 98056 425-649-4444
QFC #827 6940 Coal Creek Pkwy SE Newcastle, WA 98059 425-747-9599
North Bend
North Bend City Hall 211 Main Ave. North Bend, WA 98045  
QFC #829 460 E North Bend Way North Bend, WA 98045 425-888-1682
City of Redmond 15670 NE 85th St Redmond, Wa 98052 425-556-2145
Marymoor Park 6046 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE Redmond, WA 98052 425-477-7275
Redmond Community Center at Marymoor Village 8867 161st Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052 425-556-2300
  Petco #1218 7215 170th Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052 425-861-3907
QFC #820 15800 Redmond Way NE Redmond, WA 98052 425-885-2311
QFC #860 8867 161st Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052 425-869-8006
QFC #878 23475 NE Novelty Hill Rd Redmond, WA 98053 425-636-0420
Black River Community Service Center 919 SW Grady Way Renton, WA 98057 206-296-7810
  Petco #1272 4110 NE 4th Street Renton, WA 98059 425-255-0083
QFC #871 4800 NE Fourth St Renton, WA 98059 425-226-7086
Sammamish City Hall 801 228th Ave SE Sammamish, WA 98075 425-898-0660
  Petco #1265 474 228th Avenue NE Sammamish, WA 98074 425-868-8875
QFC #824 2902 228th Ave SE Sammamish, WA 98075 425-898-0660
SeaTac City Hall 4800 S 188th St SeaTac, WA 98188 206-973-4800
King County Administration Building 500 Fourth Ave Seattle, WA 98104 (Room 403) 206-296-2712
PAWS Cat City 5200 Roosevelt Way NE Ste B Seattle WA 98105 206-782-1700
QFC #858 1531 NE 145th St Seattle, WA 98155 206-363-5717
Shoreline City Hall 17500 Midvale Ave N Shoreline, WA 98133 206-801-2230
QFC #816 600 NW Richmond Beach Rd Shoreline, WA 98177 206-546-5129
Seattle Area Feline Rescue 14717 Aurora Ave N Shoreline, WA 98133 206-659-6220
Shoreline Community Service Center 18050 Meridian Ave N Shoreline, WA 98133 206-477-2723
Snoqualmie City Hall 38624 SE River St Snoqualmie, WA 98065 206-801-2230
  Petco (#1236)
17200 Southcenter Pkwy. Tukwila, WA 98188
Tukwila City Hall 6200 Southcenter Blvd Tukwila, Wa 98188 206-433-1800
Woodinville City Hall 17301 133rd Ave NE Woodinville, WA 98072 425-489-2700
Woodinville License Agency 17403 139th Ave, NE Woodinville, WA 98072 425-486-0677
Yarrow Point
Yarrow Point Town Hall 4030 95th Ave NE Yarrow Point , WA 98004 425-454-6994

Virtual pet licensing locations

Pet Information Line
206-296-7387 (PETS)

TTY Relay 711