Community Health Worker (CHW) asthma training
After 20 years of research funded by PCORI, several protocols were developed to reduce asthma health disparities through community health worker home visits. Children and adults with poorly controlled asthma who had home visits from CHWs had more days without asthma symptoms, fewer emergency room visits, and fewer missed days at school or work.
Please see Remote Guidance document for more information for the recommendation on the modality of service to use for each protocol and steps a CHW should take when completing the visit.
- Community Health Work asthma tutorials
- CHW Learning Collaboratives and Telehealth
- Educational and environmental protocols for CHWs
- Encounter Form (MS Word)
- Home Environmental Checklist (PDF)
- Asthma Action Plan, Regional Asthma Management & Prevention
- Supervisor Observation Form (MS Word)
Link/share our site at www.kingcounty.gov/asthma/training