Skip to main content

Missing persons and runaways

Missing persons and runaways

The Major Crimes Unit analyzes all missing persons and runaway reports. If the Office reviewer suspects any foul play, the case is immediately assigned to a Major Crimes detective. The missing person's unit can be reached at (206) 263-2080.

If you want to report a missing person or runaway child, please call 911. 

Related Links

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children 
Learn more about the NCMEC, an important resource for families and law enforcement agencies. 
Operation Lookout 
Dedicated to locating abducted, runaway and missing children
Amber Alert
A collaborative effort between law enforcement agencies and the local media to promote the safe and swift return of children who are abducted or become missing under specific criteria.