Use the following tools and information to help research and write your grant proposal and find other grant programs.
Grant writing tips
- Top 5 Tips for Successful Grant Proposals, Foundation Center blog , Foundation Center blog
Nonprofit resources assistance
- Communities Rise , offers training, capacity building programs, and legal services to organizations, small businesses, and communities, including free grant-writing clinics.
- 501 Commons , has free resources such as tools & best practices listings, as well services they provide for a fee.
- Nonprofit AF humorous blog about the non-profit world, with a focus on racial equity.
WTD environmental programs
- King County Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD)
- King County WTD Vision, Mission, Values, and Goals
- Soil Testing Program, a free service of King Conservation District
- Stormwater Runoff and How to Reduce it
- Rain Barrel Information
- Noxious Weeds in King County
- Salmon and trouts topics
Equity and social justice
- King County Equity and Social Justice plans, reports
- King County maps of demographics
- Washington Environmental Health Disparities Map ; an interactive mapping tool that compares communities across our state for environmental health disparities.
- Place Matters , short video on inequities by Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- Unnatural Causes , PBS documentary series on socio-economic and racial inequities in health
- Greening the Ghetto , TED talk on environmental justice by Majora Carter
Green stormwater infrastructure (GSI)
- 700 Million Gallons , Seattle and King County Green Stormwater Infrastructure, tools and resources , including Rainwise Rebates for Cisterns and Rain Gardens
- 12,000 Rain Gardens in Puget Sound , information about events, building a rain garden, and other resources
- Sound Impacts , GSI mapping tool to view projects in the region and related benefits; you can also add your project
- Right Place, Right Project: A Community Guide to Partnership Opportunities
- King County wastewater services education programs, free educational programs, treatment plant tours, and other resources for students, teachers, and the public
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Environmental Education EPA
Other regional funding sources