Kaiser Permanente's SmartCare Connect
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington
The Kaiser Permanente SmartCare Connect plan combines health care and health coverage for an easy and convenient experience. Plan members can choose from an extensive network that includes Washington Permanente Medical Group physicians and thousands of additional community providers. To find plan providers near you, go to Provider Search and select “Core.”
The plan includes coverage for routine and specialty care, as well as walk-in, urgent, and emergency care at select facilities around the state. For complete plan details, see Benefits Summaries.
Getting care during COVID-19Kaiser continues to offer an array of virtual care options and in-person care, when needed.
For non-urgent care, members are encouraged to use telehealth options:
- Care Chat: Instant message with a Kaiser care provider 24/7.
- Online visit: For common medical issues that don’t need a physical exam, such as a sore throat or allergies, you can go online and get a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Consulting Nurse: Call a nurse for care guidance and advice 24/7 at 800-297-6877.
Patients with urgent and essential care needs can receive care in person. Go to kp.org/wa/locations for the latest information on locations, hours, and availability of services.
For additional information from Kaiser Permanente, go to COVID-19: How to protect yourself and get care.
The Kaiser Permanente Washington service area
- Ease of use: Medical, vision, and pharmacy benefits under one plan, with primary care doctors, specialists, nurses, and other providers all connected to your electronic medical record at Kaiser Permanente medical facilities.
- Preventive care: Coverage for a wide variety of preventive care services — such as routine physical exams, mammograms, and cholesterol screenings — at little or no cost to you.
- Mail-order pharmacy: Prescriptions delivered to you with no shipping fees.
- Mental health coverage: Includes mental health care and addiction and recovery care.
- Additional member perks: Discounts for gym memberships, fitness gear, and provider fees for alternative care. Plus, a tobacco cessation program, wellness coaching, classes and support groups, and more.
Ways to get care
- Kaiser Permanente medical offices: More than 9,000 community providers in the Core network, including 46 hospitals (Source: OIC Provider Network Form A.)
- CareClinic by Kaiser Permanente at Bartell Drugs: Get walk-in care for minor medical issues at 15 Puget Sound locations. Open every day, including weekends, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., for everyone age two and up.
- Urgent care: For issues that require prompt attention, you can go to any of five Kaiser Permanente urgent care centers in the Puget Sound area – some open 24/7.
Also available on the Kaiser Permanente Washington mobile app.
- Care Chat: Members can instant message with a Kaiser Permanente care provider 24/7.
- Online visit: For common medical issues that don’t need a physical exam, such as a sore throat or allergies, you can go online and get a diagnosis and treatment plan, usually within two hours.
- Email your doctor: If you get care at Kaiser Permanente medical facilities, you can email your care team with non-urgent questions and receive an answer within two business days.
- Consulting Nurse: Members can call a consulting nurse 24/7 at 800-297-6877 for care guidance or advice.
Care while Traveling
When on-the-go, you can always email your doctor with non-urgent questions, chat 24/7 with a care provider via secure online messaging (Care Chat is available within Washington), and talk with a nurse 24/7 for care advice at 1-800-297-6877.
Phone: 888-901-4636, 711 (TTY)
Email: Kaiser Permanente
Web: Kaiser Permanente
24/7 Consulting Nurse: 800-297-6877
Prescription mail-order: 800-245-7979
Policy #s: Regular 0953800, Transit 1380700 (Full-time full benefits and part-time full benefits) and 1149800 (Part-time partial benefits), Sheriff 0481600
P.O. Box 34585
Seattle, WA 98124-1585
Preventive care schedules