Kaiser Permanente’s SmartCare Connect
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington
The Kaiser Permanente SmartCare Connect plan combines health care and health coverage for an easy and convenient experience. Plan members can choose from an extensive network that includes Washington Permanente Medical Group physicians and thousands of additional community providers. To find plan providers near you, go to Provider Search and select “Core.”
The plan includes coverage for routine and specialty care, as well as walk-in, urgent, and emergency care at select facilities around the state. For complete plan details, see Benefits Summaries.
The Kaiser Permanente Washington service area
Kaiser Permanente Washington full-service medical centers offer primary care, various specialties, and at most locations, pharmacy, radiology, and lab services. Kaiser offers more than 50 medical centers, including five urgent care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, and 14 optical centers. Open the full list of locations and hours.
- Top quality ratings: Kaiser Permanente of Washington’s Core HMO plan earned the highest ratings in the country for helping members stay healthy and manage chronic conditions in a study by the Washington Health Alliance. See full report.
- Lowest cost plan: No deductibles and low copays mean you pay less.
- Ease of use: Medical, vision, and pharmacy benefits under one plan, with primary care doctors, specialists, nurses, and other providers all connected to your electronic medical record at Kaiser Permanente medical facilities.
- Additional member perks: Discounts for gym memberships, fitness gear, and provider fees for alternative care. Plus, a tobacco cessation program, wellness coaching, classes and support groups, and more.
Ways to get care
- Kaiser Permanente medical offices: More than 9,000 community providers in the Core network, including 46 hospitals.
- Urgent care: For issues that require prompt attention, you can go to any of five Kaiser Permanente urgent care centers in the Puget Sound area – some open 24/7.
Also available on the Kaiser Permanente Washington mobile app.
- Care Chat: Members can instant message with a Kaiser Permanente care provider 24/7.
- Online visit: For common medical issues that don’t need a physical exam, such as a sore throat or allergies, you can go online and get a diagnosis and treatment plan, usually within two hours.
- Email your doctor: If you get care at Kaiser Permanente medical facilities, you can email your care team with non-urgent questions and receive an answer within two business days.
- Consulting Nurse: Members can call a consulting nurse 24/7 at 800-297-6877 for care guidance or advice.
Care while Traveling
If you need urgent care while traveling, call Member Services during office hours or the 24/7 consulting nurse after hours at 800-297-6877. You're covered for emergency care when you’re away from the Kaiser Permanente Washington region. Call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
Phone: 888-901-4636, 711 (TTY)
Email: Kaiser Permanente
24/7 Consulting Nurse: 800-297-6877
Prescription mail-order: 800-245-7979
Policy #s: Regular 0953800, Transit 1380700 (Full-time full benefits and part-time full benefits) and 1149800 (Part-time partial benefits), Sheriff 0481600
P.O. Box 34585
Seattle, WA 98124-1585