Skip to main content
King County logo

All recorded Plats, Short Plats, Condominiums and Planned Unit Developments in King County are available for viewing and printing at the Recorder's Office or at the King County Archives.

The Recorder's Office has images of approximately 70,000 maps in digital format available online. When using our online search to find maps, from the Legal search type, select Advanced Legal.

Images are available for:

Plat 1870 - present
Lot Line Elimination Map 2017 - present
Boundary Line Adjustment Map 1981 - present
Short Plat Map 1977 - present
Survey 1973 - present

Public recording services end at 3:30

The Recorder's Office cannot offer legal advice or determine the legal correctness or function of the content of your document. It is highly advised that you consult a professional before recording.

Was there a survey done on my property?

Not all properties have Records of Survey filed. The best way to see if a survey was recorded on your property is to obtain a property title report. If you do not have a title report, use our online records search. You can use the Legal, Book and Page, Parcel ID, or Advanced Legal search types. Within Advanced Legal, you may search the subdivision list or enter the Section/Township/Range and Quarter section information.

Where do I find blueprints or as-built plans for my property?

If your property is within a city limit, contact your city. If your property is in unincorporated King County or the project took place before incorporation, contact the Department of Local Services Permitting Division or Public Health - Seattle & King County. Please keep in mind that these records are not on permanent retention.


Documents Fees as of July 26, 2021 
  • Plats, 18x24 inches
  • Condos, 18x24 inches
  • Cemetery Plats, 18x24 inches
  • *Up to 40 lots and five seals
  • $287.50
  • $0.50 for each additional plat and condo lot
  • $0.25 for each additional cemetery plat lot
  • $1.00 for each additional seal
  • Surveys
  • Site Plans
  • Large Lots
  • Short Plat, 18x24 inches
  • Boundary Line Adjustment Maps, 18x24 inches
  • $287.50
  • $5.00 for each additional page
  • Short Plat, legal size or smaller
  • Boundary Line Adjustment Maps, legal size or smaller
  • $267.50
  • $1.00 for each additional page

Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Customer Service:

Marriage Licensing:
Monday - Friday
Recording ends at 3:30 p.m.
Holidays and Site Closures