The Records Management Program provides a variety of resources related to different records management topics. If you cannot find what you are looking for, check out a different page on this site or contact us.
New Employee Tools
Exiting Employee Tools
- Agency Destruction Form (Word, 36KB)
* Note, this form is not required for the destruction of Transitory Records or Secondary Copies. You may destroy those yourself with no documentation.
For records sent to and destroyed by the Records Center, use:
- Records Center Destruction Form (Word, 28KB)
* This form is required for all records (including secondary copies or transitory records) destroyed by the Records Center.
These forms will need to be signed by your Disposition Authority.
Archival Records Transfers
The King County Archives will only accept transfer of records that have been appraised as archival. To request an appraisal, please contact County Archivist Danielle Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the below transfer agreement form to transfer archival records to the King County Archives at the end of their retention period. Send completed form to King County Archivist Danielle Boucher at email@example.com.
- Archival Records Transfer Agreement (Word, 118KB)
Note that a transfer form is not necessary for archival records stored at the King County Records Center or filed into Content Manager.
Self Assessment Tools
Disposition After Digitization (DAD) - aka Scanning and Tossing
Visit our Content Manager Job Aids page for Content Manager resources.
General Guidance and Advice
Outlook/Email Tools and Tips
Physical Records Tools
Shared Drive Review and Clean-Up
To place a legal hold on any records in Content Manager, submit a Legal Hold Request Form located on the Content Manager Resources page.
Note that Records Management does not retain a list of all active legal holds. If you have any questions about a legal hold, contact the Prosecuting Attorney's Office or the relevant attorney directly.