Social media toolkit
King County Elections has created this social media toolkit to support voter education and outreach in the community.
This social media toolkit includes suggested posts for your organization to use and adapt to help get people registered and voting. Posts can be modified and customized to fit your organization’s needs, but we recommend that you always tag us in the images and provide a link to our website. You'll find downloadable graphics and photos at King County Elections page on Flickr . Feel free to use whatever you'd like, all we ask is that you provide credit and tag @kcelections in your photo or post.
Check back regularly both here and on Flickr for updated content and graphics! And be sure to use the following hashtag with your posts: #kcvotes
New to social media? Check out our tips for new users to get you started.
When to post
These posts are great to use through the online/mail voter registration deadline.
- Voting has never been more important. It’s also never been easier. Register to vote or update your registration today at VoteWA.gov!
- Registering to vote takes two minutes. That’s it. Register today at VoteWA.gov!
- Are you ready for the election? Register or update your registration today at VoteWA.gov.
- Moved? Changed your name? Make sure to update your voter registration today at VoteWA.gov!
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Avoid the lines and make sure you’re registered to vote at VoteWA.gov today.
When to post
These posts are great to use during the in-person voter registration window and prior to Election Day.
- Worried you missed the voter registration deadline? Never fear – you can still register in person and get your ballot. Find locations and hours here: bit.ly/KCVoteCenter
- It’s not too late to register to vote and get your ballot! Visit a Vote Center today to make your voice heard. Locations and hours à bit.ly/KCVoteCenter
- Just because you CAN wait until 7:58 pm on Election Day to get in line to register to vote, doesn’t mean that you should. Get it taken care of today and avoid the long lines! Find a Vote Center near you here: bit.ly/KCVoteCenter
- Beat the 8 pm Election Day rush! Visit a Vote Center today to register to vote and get your ballot. Find one near you à bit.ly/KCVoteCenter
- Voting has never been more important. And here in King County it’s easier than ever. Return your ballot by mail or drop box – no stamp needed!
- Your vote is your voice. Don’t be silenced. Make yourself heard. Vote and return your ballot by Election Day.
- Don’t waste your chance to make your voice heard. Vote by Election Day!
- Sign it, seal it, drop it. Return your ballot by drop box by Election Day. Find a drop box near you here: http://bit.ly/KCdropbox21
- Don’t wait until the last minute to make your voice heard. Return your ballot today!
- Others have laid down their lives to fight for the right to vote. Exercise your right today. Vote by Election Day.
- Mailing your ballot back? Make sure to put it in the mail by the Friday before Election Day to ensure an on-time postmark. After Friday, stick it in a drop box to make sure your vote counts! Find a drop box near you --> http://bit.ly/KCdropbox21
When to post
Vote centers are open during the voting period at locations across the county, including at Elections Headquarters in Renton. For more information on locations and hours, visit http://bit.ly/KCVoteCenters
- Vote Centers are open now! Find one near you http://bit.ly/KCVoteCenter
- Get out the disability vote! @kcelections has lots of accessible voting options available. http://bit.ly/KCVoteCenter
When to post
Online ballot access is available to all registered voters during the voting period. These posts are best used from the Monday after ballots are mailed until Election Day.
- Dog ate your ballot? You can download and print your ballot here at bit.ly/kcobmp
Just follow the instructions and return by mail or drop box by Election Day!
- Did you know you can download and print your ballot from home? Visit bit.ly/kcobmp today to access your ballot and return by mail or by drop box by Election Day.
- Just because you lost your ballot doesn’t mean you lose your voice. Access and print your ballot online today at bit.ly/kcobmp. Return by mail or drop box by Election Day – no stamp needed!
When to post
Ballot tracking is available to all registered to make sure their ballot was received and counted. These posts can be used throughout the voting period and will be most effective in the final ten days of voting.
- Have you returned your ballot already? High five! Make sure to track it through the whole process here: kingcounty.gov/elections/ballot-tracker
- Vote early. Track your ballot. Make sure your voice is heard. kingcounty.gov/elections/ballot-tracker
- How do you know if your vote was actually counted? You can track it here! kingcounty.gov/elections/ballot-tracker
- Was your ballot counted or challenged? Make sure you know by tracking your ballot today kingcounty.gov/elections/ballot-tracker
- Challenged ballot? Easy fix. Visit kingcounty.gov/elections/ballot-tracker
today to get the right form, fill it out, and return to King County Elections by 4:30 pm on November 22!
When to post
Use these posts on Election Day!
- Still need to vote? There's still time, return your ballot to one of the many drop boxes by 8 p.m. today! http://bit.ly/returnmyballot #kcvotes #waelex #ElectionDay
- Hey #lastminutevoters! Our drop boxes will be open until 8 p.m. Don't be late! Find your closest box at http://bit.ly/returnmyballot #kcvotes #waelex #ElectionDay
- It’s Election Day! Not registered? Visit one of our locations where you can register + cast your ballot today! Deadline is 8 p.m. Directions to our vote centers —> http://bit.ly/KCVoteCenters #kcvotes #waelex #ElectionDay
- Register to vote and cast your ballot before 8 p.m. today. Directions to our offices —> http://bit.ly/KCVoteCenters #kcvotes #waelex #ElectionDay
Tips for new users
On Twitter, tag @kcelections after you attach an image, and we’ll do our best to share and amplify! Just click “Who’s in this picture?” to tag us. See a sample screenshot.
On Facebook, tag @kcelections in the copy of your status or tag us in the image! We’ll do our best to share and amplify. See a sample screenshot.
On Instagram, tag @kcelections in your photo, or tag @kcelections in the copy of your status! We’ll do our best to share and amplify. Remember – URLs aren’t clickable in the body of a post on Instagram, so please utilize the space in your bios. See a sample screenshot.
Our posts are tailored to fit Twitter character counts, but please expand for Facebook and/or Instagram at your discretion! You can also tag @kcelections with that extra space.