For-hire online training & examination
Study and test
To obtain a for-hire license, you must complete a training and exam. Please enter your name in these programs exactly how it shows on your driver's license.
Step 1: For-Hire eTraining (Required)
Launch the For-Hire e-Training external link
Step 2: Practice (Optional)
Launch the Practice Examination external link
Step 3: For-Hire Exam (Required)
Launch the For-Hire Examination external link
Tips on how to prepare
- Be prepared! Before taking the exam, you must first review the study material and take the practice exam. Take the time to thoroughly review the material provided.
- Choose a comfortable location for taking the exam with good lighting and minimal distractions.
- Make sure to check electronic devices before using them for the e-training or online examination.
- View the exam as an opportunity to show how much you've studied and learned.
When logging into the test
- Take a moment to read and understand the General Overview and Terms of Agreement before proceeding.
- Verify your information has been accurately and completely filled out. Failing to do so may result in your score being voided. Please note that successfully passing the for-hire examination requires answering a minimum of 32 out of 40 questions correctly (minimum 80% passing grade).
- The log-in page requires a driver's license number -- be sure to enter all letters, numbers and special characters.
During the test
- Read the directions for the exam and each question carefully.
- Every question must be answered in order. You will not be allowed to review and/or change your previous answers.
- Manage your exam time -- don't spend too much time on a single question.
- Any unanswered exam questions will be counted as an incorrect answer.
- On difficult questions, eliminate as many incorrect answers as you can, then make an educated guess among those remaining.
- Don't panic, take a few deep breaths. Change positions to help you relax.