This timeline is for the competitive track. For information on applying to the council-allocated track, contact your councilmember’s office directly. For a map of council districts and contact information, visit the council district finder.
$5 million in funding is available for the 2023/24 grant cycle. WaterWorks applications will be available January 4, 2023, and applications are due March 8, 2023; see the full schedule here.
We will have two (2) online Information Sessions in January 2023 -- details coming soon. All prospective applicants are welcome to sign up for a short 1-on-1 consultation with staff on their projects via phone; first-time applicants are particularly encouraged to sign up. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a consultation.
To get updates on information sessions and more, sign up for email alerts under “Stay connected” on this page.
To prepare your proposal, review the following:
Visit Important dates for information on grant cycles.
- To explore whether your project might be a good candidate for WaterWorks, check Eligibility and contact staff to discuss your proposal ideas
- Review Funded projects
- To better understand one of the key criteria, review WTD’s regional water quality responsibilities
- Evaluation criteria outlines how proposals are assessed and scored
- Funding policies covers common questions for applicants such as match and overhead costs, as well as policies for recipients such as reporting requirements and amendments
- Resources includes information on other funding sources, equity and social justice, green stormwater, and other planning tools