Government Accountability and Oversight Committee
The Council's Government Accountability and Oversight Committee considers and make recommendations on:
- improving the efficiency, cost effectiveness and performance of all branches of county government (legislative, executive and judicial)
- enhancing oversight, accountability and transparency in King County government, the annual county audit program and federal, state or county audit reports, the administration of the Public Records Act, capital projects oversight, the Puget Sound Emergency Radio Network, strategic planning, performance measurement and performance management, management organizational structure and technology management
- general government oversight, including customer service, worker safety, the department of assessments; elections; records and licensing; animal control; cable communications; the county fair; King County international airport; risk management; veterans, and executive services such as telecommunications, facilities management, purchasing and real property management
In areas within the committee's purview, the committee tracks state and federal legislative action and develops recommendations on policy direction for the biennial budget.
PUBLIC NOTICE: The Government Accountability and Oversight Committee meetings will be held virtually until further notice. To help prevent the spread of the COVID 19 virus, the Chambers will be closed and all committee members and staff will be participating in the meeting remotely.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENT: The Government Accountability and Oversight Committee values community input and looks forward to hearing from you on agenda items.
You may comment in writing on agenda items by submitting your comments using the link below. If your comments are submitted before 8:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting, they will be distributed to the Committee members and appropriate staff prior to the meeting.
HOW TO WATCH/LISTEN TO THE MEETING: There are several ways to watch or listen in to the meeting:
1) Stream online via this link:
https://livestream.com/accounts/15175343/events/4485487 or input the link web address into your web browser.
2) Watch King County TV Channel 22 (Comcast Channel 22 and 322(HD), Wave Broadband Channel 22)
3) Listen to the meeting by telephone.
Dial: 1 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 224 110 7915
To help us manage the meeting, please use the Livestream or King County TV options, if possible, to watch or listen to the meeting.
Meeting Times: 9:30 AM on the second Tuesday of each month
Lead Staff: Jenny Ngo
Committee Clerk: Angélica Calderón
Meeting materials for the Government Accountability and Oversight Committee
Listed below are the meeting materials for the Government Accountability and Oversight Committee. The meeting materials available before each meeting are combined into one PDF document and posted below under Meeting Agendas and Materials. On occasion, not all materials will be available before the meeting. Additional materials for the meeting are posted as they become available.
(If links are not displaying below, you may access agenda materials at https://aqua.kingcounty.gov/council/agendas/GAO/)