Skip to main content
King County logo

Create Oracle Contract Agreement

The "Create Oracle Contract Agreement" service is used when requesting that Procurement and Payables (P&P) establish a new Contract Purchase Agreement (CPA) in the Oracle EBS System. Oracle CPAs are either noted in the system as Contract Purchase Agreements, or Blanket Purchase Agreements. Blanket Purchase Agreements require the use of Item Masters that must be used when creating requisitions and purchase orders.

This service is used for entry of new contracts that have been procured under agency or P&P authority, or that have received an approved procurement waiver or other exemption (see Instructions tab). Any contracts that are the result of a procurement process conducted by P&P will typically be established in Oracle as part of that procurement process; please confirm this with your Buyer or Contract Specialist.

To make changes to an existing Oracle Contract Purchase Agreement, please enter a request for a Change Order/Amendment.


Goods & Services Technical Services

Contract Changes

Amendments are formal changes requiring approval to an existing contract. Amendments are usually added to a contract due to a significant change in either the scope of work, time of performance, or quality of the service being obtained.

Change orders are written documentation reflecting changes made to order amounts, delivery locations, revised stipulations or conditions, or other terms of the contract during its execution. For purchase orders, a change order may be issued directly by the county without requiring the signature of the vendor. In both cases, a contract amendment or change order is a written change to the terms of the contract.

Contract templates include a change provision that permits the county to make changes to the work. Change orders and amendments must be executed by a county designee with financial authority to bind the county to an expenditure of funds. This must be accomplished prior to commencement of the new work.

If the contract is state or federally funded, the county shall obtain approval from the funding agency in the following circumstances: whenever a change would result in the need for additional funding and/or in accordance with the agency and grant requirements.

Construction change orders must utilize a specific protocol to be fully executed and may include some negotiation. Goods and Services change orders are usually less complex and typically executed by our buyers.

Do you already have a change order or amendment? Choose one of these.

Goods & Services Technical Services Construction AEP Community Services/Grant

If you don't have or need a change order or amendment, choose one of these.

Goods & Services Technical Services Construction AEP Community Services/Grant

Close CPA

A request for closing a CPA is submitted when all work has been completed, accepted and final payment has been made. For construction contracts this would include release of retainage. The department shall follow their established close out procedures.

Goods & Services Technical Services Construction

Architectural & Engineering and Professional Services


Contact Us

Phone: (206) 263-9400

TTY Relay: 711

Fax: (206) 296-7676