Skip to main content

Service Requests

Service Requests

Manage CPAs

Procurement & Payables will cancel Service Requests left in Draft status:

  • Service Requests excluding Waivers Deleted after 30 days if not submitted
  • Waiver Service Requests Deleted after 60 days if not submitted

To identify your Service Requests in E-Procurement, please refer to this step-by-step guide.

All Service Requests are submitted through King County E-Procurement Portal.

Log In to the E-Procurement Portal


Create Contract Agreement

The "Create Contract Agreement" service request is ONLY used when requesting a CPA for:

  1. Intergovernmental Agreements
  2. Non-Profit / Grant / Public Service
  3. Exempt Purchases
  4. Revenue Vehicle  

All other contract needs should begin with a Request For Advice (RFA) service request.

CPAs are either noted in the system as Contract Purchase Agreements, or Blanket Purchase Agreements. Blanket Purchase Agreements require the use of Item Masters that must be used when creating requisitions and purchase orders.

To make changes to an existing Contract Purchase Agreement, please enter a request for a Change Order/Amendment.

Cost Analysis

For all Cost Price Fixed Fee Architectural/Engineering and Professional Services contracts, a Cost Analysis is required on an annual basis. Lump sum contracts may choose to request cost analysis advice.

You should submit a Post-Award Cost Analysis service request for:

  • Annual Overhead rate review
  • Annual Direct Rate, Billing Rate Review
  • Approving new Other Direct Costs
  • New subconsultants added to the Contract and a review of overhead, direct salary, billing rates, profit and other direct costs is required

Finance PCO Review of Amendments 

For Architectural/Engineering and Professional Service contracts and amendments greater than the established thresholds (below), the agency must submit the proposed amendment to P&P's Project Control Officer (PCO) in advance of the final round of negotiations.


  • For all agencies except WTD: Amendments valued at or over $150,000 on contracts over $2 million are referred to the Department of Finance PCO.
  • For WTD: Amendments valued at or over $300,000 on contracts over $4 million are referred to the Department of Finance PCO.


Documents to attach:

  • Scope of Work
  • Level of Effort
  • Schedule
  • Amendment Justification Form
  • Crosswalk (if applicable)
  • Record of Negotiation


Contract Change Order / Amendment

Amendments are formal changes requiring approval to an existing contract. Amendments are usually added to a contract due to a significant change in either the scope of work, time of performance, or quality of the service being obtained.

Change orders are written documentation reflecting changes made to order amounts, delivery locations, revised stipulations or conditions, or other terms of the contract during its execution. For purchase orders, a change order may be issued directly by the county without requiring the signature of the vendor. In both cases, a contract amendment or change order is a written change to the terms of the contract.

King County contracts include a change provision that permits the county to make changes to the work. Change orders and amendments must be executed by a county designee with financial authority to bind the county to an expenditure of funds. This must be accomplished prior to commencement of the new work.

If the contract is state or federally funded, the county shall obtain approval from the funding agency in the following circumstances: whenever a change would result in the need for additional funding and/or in accordance with the agency and grant requirements.

Construction change orders must utilize a specific protocol to be fully executed and may include some negotiation. Goods and Services change orders and amendments must be reviewed by procurement staff before execution. This includes term extensions and increases to the contract value.

Do you already have a signed change order or amendment?

Attach the signed document to your service request.

If you still need to sign (or want to sign electronically with DocuSign)...

please specify this in your service request.

Close Contract Agreement

A request for closing a CPA is submitted when all work has been completed, accepted and final payment has been made. For construction contracts this would include release of retainage. Your department should follow your established close out procedures.

Contact Us

Phone: 206-263-9400

TTY Relay: 711

Fax: 206-296-7676