Benefits, Payroll and Retirement
Find information about your King County employee benefits, payroll, and retirement.
King County provides comprehensive benefits and services to eligible employees, retirees, and their dependents through strategic planning, negotiation, and implementation of benefit programs. Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations is here to help you with your medical, vision, and dental plan options; life and disability insurance; medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts; leave programs; payroll; and retirement planning.
How to get care during the COVID-19 outbreak
Your King County employee benefits package includes a wealth of valuable resources you can rely on to help you stay healthy or recover from illnesses, including COVID-19. You and your family members enrolled in a King County employee medical plan will not have to pay copays, coinsurance, or deductibles for medical services and medications related to the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19.
To lessen the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and to help health care providers prioritize care for those who need it most, use your phone, smartphone, or computer to access health care whenever possible.
All King County employee medical plans have free options for telehealth or virtual visits, including the following.
- KingCare and KingCare Select (Regence) members can use Doctor on Demand™. Download the Doctor on Demand app to your device and use your Regence member ID to register. In addition, many in-network providers now offer telehealth options.
- SmartCare (Kaiser) members can use CareChat.
- SmartCare Connect (Kaiser Permanente)
- KingCare Select (Regence BlueShield)—see your network page
- KingCare (Regence BlueShield)
If you need to go in-person, call your doctor first. If it’s an emergency, call 911.
Educational benefits videos now available
Learn more about your King County employee benefits and how they work by watching short videos on the Benefit Education page.