COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
King County is taking steps to protect the health of our community during the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) outbreak. There are also steps you can take personally to minimize your risk of disease. Stay safe by following guidance provided by Public Health - Seattle & King County:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and warm water, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Practice other good health habits, such as keeping surfaces clean, getting plenty of sleep, reducing stress, and eating nutritious food
- Practice physical distancing - stay at least 6' apart from others - to help stop the spread of coronavirus
On March 24 Governor Inslee issued a "stay home, stay healthy" order. Learn more.
Emergency planning, preparedness, and response in King County
King County Emergency Management Director Brendan McCluskey talks about his agency's role, and what all of us can do, to become better prepared for emergencies and disasters.