Flood Awareness: are you prepared?
Did you know that King County has had a dozen Presidentially declared disasters due to flooding since 1990? That averages about one disaster every two years.
With a La Niña weather pattern forecast for the Pacific Northwest this winter season, we can expect wetter than normal conditions and cooler temperatures. Prepare for winter storm conditions now, and stay ready:
- Make/update your emergency kit and family plan.
- Sign up for free Flood Alerts and download the Flood Warning app for your mobile device.
- Learn where to get and how to use sandbags.
- Follow King County Rivers on Facebook.
- Visit Take Winter By Storm for tips and checklists on ways to prepare for floods and landslides.