Content Manager is a state-of-the-art records management system. It is a powerful tool that all King County agencies are using to help manage their records and information.
Content Manager went live on October 7, 2019.
What is it used for?
- File electronic records from Outlook, network drives, share drives, and SharePoint
- Search for and open filed records
- Send and retrieve boxes to and from the Records Center
- Associates records with their legal retention requirements and facilitates the legal disposition of records after they have met those requirements
Why use it?
In the future, additional features of Content Manager will be made available to King County agencies.
- SharePoint integration - automatic syncing between SharePoint and Content Manager
- Document management functionality - use the system to manage and collaborate on active records by using check-in/check-out and version control features
- Web drawer - use the system to publish certain records directly to the web