Sign up for Transit Alerts
It's easy and free to sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service. Alerts can be tailored to your favorite route(s).
Transit Alert subscription
Metro’s Transit Alert subscriptions are user-created and managed.
When you sign up, you can:
- Create a password to associate with your subscription. Creating a password is optional. If you create a password, please remember it; Metro staff do not have access to it.
- Elect to receive alerts via email or SMS (text on your smart phone). Depending on your phone plan, rates or charges may apply.
- Sign up separately for email or SMS.
- Select specific routes or topics to follow, including ‘General Alerts’.
- Change your subscription or unsubscribe at any time. Simply log back in using the same email address or SMS (mobile phone) number as you did to subscribe.
When do Transit Alerts go out?
- Generally, expect to receive Transit Alerts about service disruptions, information, or updates Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- On weekends and holidays Metro may send Transit Alerts about significant service disruptions, but they are not sent with the same frequency as they are on weekdays.
- During snow events or major emergencies as determined by Metro, Transit Alerts will be provided as often as needed, up to 24 hours a day during significant events.