Fees 2019 - 2020
Please consult the 2019 -2020 fee schedules below for precise fee information. Fee changes were approved by the Metropolitan King County Council on November 13, 2018, per ordinance 18822. The fees are valid for two-years until January 1, 2021.
|2019 - 2020 Fee Guides Eff. 01/01/19|
|Critical Area Designation||01|
|Zoning Inquiry|| 01
|Work Without Permit Investigation||01|
|Construction - Single Family Residential||Guide|
| New Dwelling, Remodel, Repair, or Accessory Structure
|School Impact Fees||03
|Construction - Commercial or Multifamily Residential||Guide|
| Building Construction, Installation or Operating Permit
|Clearing, Grading, or Site Construction||05
| Road Construction
|Storm Water Facility Construction||07
|Critical Area Alteration Exception|| 08
|Shoreline Permit or Exception||08|
| Preliminary Plat
|Boundary Line Adjustment||09|
| Other Land Segregation
|Plat Construction and Final Approval||09|
|Business License|| 10
|General Services and Supplies||11|
| Standard Building Construction Values
| Engineering Complexity Level Definitions
New septic systems, or improvements to an existing septic system are reviewed and approved by the Public Health Department prior to the issuance of a permit. (Wastewater (On-site Septic) Program fees)
In accordance with 27.02.020 of the King County Code, fee waivers are granted at the discretion of the Department of Local Services, Permitting Division Director and are limited to criteria summarized as follows:
- if fees collected are for service not performed
- if fees duplicate another fee or charge for a service for which a fee has already been collected
- if fees are based on a professional error or unnecessary review by a Department of Local Services, Permitting Division employee
- if a customer has incurred additional expenses due to a process error by a Department of Local Services, Permitting Division staff
- if fees are assessed to replace, repair, abate or demolish a structure due to property damage caused by a natural disaster.
Procedures for filing a fee waiver request are detailed on the Fee Waiver / Adjustment Of Fees Authorization form.
Quality service to our customers is very important to the Department of Local Services, Permitting Division. If you are unable to find the fee information you are looking for, call 206-296-6600 or email DPERWebInquiries@kingcounty.gov.