The Breast, Cervical, and Colon Health Program (BCCHP) helps eligible clients get screened for cancer and access treatment to those who are uninsured and have breast, cervical or colon cancer.
To find out if you qualify, call our program referral line at 1-800-756-5437 or visit the Community Health Access Program (CHAP) phone assistance service website to learn more at kingcounty.gov/chap
When you should get screened for...
- American Cancer Society
Provides health education, cancer information and more.
- Phone: 1-800-227-2345 National Cancer Helpline; stay online for language translator support
A national nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide free professional support services to anyone affected by cancer: people with cancer, caregivers, children, loved ones, and the bereaved.
- Phone: 1-800-813-HOPE (1-800-813-4673); email@example.com
- National Cancer Institute
Health and cancer education materials, help with quitting smoking, librarians can answer questions about cancer. Spanish-speakers available.
- Phone: 1-800-4-CANCER, (1-800-422-6237)
- Cancer Lifeline
Offers a wide range of programs, support groups, financial assistance, classes, activities and presentations aimed at optimizing the quality of life for cancer patients and cancer survivors and their families, friends, co-workers and caregivers. All services free of charge.
- Phone: 206-297-2100, 206-297-2500, 1-800-255-5505
- Crisis Connections
Helping Lives on the Line and 211 and other resources available in multiple languages.
- Phone: 1-866-4CRISIS (427-4747) for 24-hour assistance for people with emotional crisis
- Phone: 1-800-621-4636 for 211 Community Information online available from 8 am - 6 pm
- Cancer Pathways
Offers programs of education, support and community options for people living with cancer along with their families and friends.
- Phone: 206-709-1400, 866-200-2383
Culture, language, health, illness and community resources directly accessible to health care providers who see patients from different ethnic groups.
Serves homeless and low-income families, children, seniors and people with disabilities, promoting self-sufficiency for all members of the community. Transportation to medical appointments is provided to all Medicaid patients in King County.
- Phone: 1-800-923-7433
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer
Cancer Survivors Help Line: 888-753-5222
- Cancer resources from MedlinePlus, National Institutes of Health
Includes a dictionary of cancer terms and more. See information on chemotherapy.
- College of American Pathologists
Information about the disease, treatment options, key terms, pictures of normal and diseased tissue, questions to ask your doctor.
- Cancer Genetic Counseling Resources
- Swedish Hospital Medical Center – Hereditary Cancer Clinic
- 1221 Madison, Suite 1220, Seattle, WA 98104
- Phone: 206-215-4377 for appointments
- University of Washington Medical Center – Medical Genetics Clinic
- 1959 NE Pacific, Seattle, WA 98195
- Phone: 206-598-4030
- Operation Uplift
Provides no-cost support groups, prosthesis, wigs, head coverings, mammogram vouchers and limited financial assistance for transportation.
- 118 N. Liberty St. Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: 360-457-5141 (Limited hours, call first)
- Patient Advocate Foundation
National non-profit that uses case managers and healthcare attorneys to act as a liaison for complex situations between patients and insurers, employers, creditors, etc. (Clinics should help first with simpler problems).
- Phone: 800-532-5274
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
Access to over 475 prescription assistance programs, covering more than 2500 medications
- Phone: 888-477-2669
- Washington Prescription Discount Program
Open to all Washington state residents who do not have prescription drug insurance coverage or whose insurance does not cover all of their prescription drug needs.
- Phone: 888-913-4146 or apply online
- RX Outreach
Provides prescription drug assistance for clients based on income and number of dependents living in their home.
- Phone: 1-888-796-1234
A national non-profit helping people locate assistance programs to help them afford their medications and other healthcare costs.
- Department of Social and Health Services, Community Service Offices
General information about Medicaid benefits
- Phone: 800-562-3022
- Crisis Connections, King County 2-1-1
Provides community resources and information about social and human services
- Phone: 800-621-4636
- Medicare for qualified beneficiaries
- MyMedicare.gov or call 1-800-MEDICARE
- Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
SHIBA helps you to understand health care coverage options and rights; find affordable health care and evaluate and compare health insurance plans.
- Phone: 800-562-6900
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Puget Sound affiliate
Supports innovative research and community-based outreach, education and treatment support activities. Breast health educational materials at no cost.
- Phone: 206-633-0303
- Phone: 206-633-0303
- Team Survivor Northwest
Broad range of fitness and education programs at any stage of cancer recovery, at any fitness level.
- Phone: 206-732-8350