- Virtual gatherings to facilitate connections and collaboration between Green Team leaders, students, teachers, and others within and across districts. Participants can learn and also inspire others by sharing information, challenges, and successes. Registration information for each gathering will be posted below.
- Webinars for Green Team advisors, teachers, and others in the school community. See right column for 2020-21 recorded webinars.
- Podcast episodes from 2020-21 with tips for student Green Teams, interviews with Green Team leaders and sustainability experts, and local sustainability highlights. Listen or download show notes now!
Sustainability scavenger hunt challenges on GooseChase: 2020-21 school year
Earth Month challenge – April 2021
We received 597 submissions! Thanks to all who participated and showed their creativity through haikus, posters, and upcycled art such as a crocheted teddy bear made from plastic bags! Congratulations to the leading Challenge participants, including those who ended up in a five-way tie for first place.
- First place: Audubon Elementary School OWLS; BP Green Team; EAS Green Team; Samairat; and Tahoma High School
- Second place: TMS Green Team
- Third place: Joan Havrilla (Valley Christian School, Auburn)
- Fourth place: HOME Pandas
Sustainability Challenge – Fall 2020
Congratulations to the student teams who participated in the Fall 2020 Challenge. The five King County Green Teams from the schools listed below ended the fall 2020 Challenge with the most submissions.
- Bothell High School (Northshore School District)
- Tahoma High School (Tahoma School District)
- Valley Christian School (Private school)
- Summit Trail Middle School (Tahoma School District)
- Timberline Middle School (Lake Washington School District)
Episodes feature interviews with student Green Teams and environmental leaders, highlight local sustainability successes, share activities for Green Teams and classes, and more!