Virtual programs in 2020-21
King County Green Schools Program is here to support student teams, teachers, and other school and district staff members virtually during COVID-19 school facility closures.
As students, teachers, and other staff members adapt to new learning environments, we are adapting with you to provide easy-to-use tools and information to support your sustainability education and actions. Our virtual programs offer places to learn, receive support, connect, and build community.
Focus of virtual programs
- Student learning about sustainability.
- Student and student team sustainability actions at home and in their communities.
- Collaboration between students, teachers, and other school community members.
- Student leadership, initiative, advocacy, and creativity will be encouraged.
- Webinars for Green Team advisors, teachers, and others in the school community. See right column for past recorded webinars.
- Virtual gatherings to facilitate connections with Green Team leaders and teachers within and across districts. Participants can learn and also inspire others by sharing information, challenges, and successes. See registration information below for the next virtual gathering.
- Podcast episodes with tips for student Green Teams, interviews with Green Team leaders and sustainability experts, and local sustainability highlights. See right column for recorded episodes and episode Show Notes with links to resources.
- Sustainability Scavenger Hunt Challenge via the GooseChase app. The fall 2020 challenge ended in December. Congratulations to the student teams who participated and submitted over 200 individual submissions. The five King County Green Teams from the schools listed below ended the fall 2020 Challenge with the most submissions.
- Bothell High School (Northshore School District)
- Tahoma High School (Tahoma School District)
- Valley Christian School (Private school)
- Summit Trail Middle School (Tahoma School District)
- Timberline Middle School (Lake Washington School District)
You are invited! Register to participate!
WHAT: Green Team leader virtual gathering
WHEN: Thursday, January 28 from 4:00 – 5:15 p.m.
WHERE: Online via Zoom * (see registration link below)
Join this gathering to
- Connect with fellow Green Team leaders
- Gain concrete ideas for leading remote Green Teams
- Discuss challenges and share project ideas
You'll have opportunities to
- Learn about what other Green Teams are doing
- Brainstorm and share in small breakout rooms
- Ask program representatives questions
Register in advance: Green Team Virtual Gathering external link
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a link for joining the gathering by Zoom video or phone.
The Zoom gathering will be interactive. Attendees will be invited to participate via the Chat and through conversation with one another.
Questions: Contact your King County Green Schools representative or email GreenSchools@triangleassociates.com.
Green Team Activities
Monthly Green Team Activities For your Green Team or class, use the activities, videos, and other resources posted below. Activities can be used asynchronously via email or community boards, or synchronously in virtual meetings.
After each webinar, a link to the recorded webinar will be posted below.
Episodes feature interviews with student Green Teams and environmental leaders, highlight local sustainability successes, share activities for Green Teams and classes, and more!
- Episode #3 podcast
- Episode #3 notes Download PDF 150 K
- Episode #2 podcast
- Episode #2 notes Download PDF 150 K
- Episode #1 podcast
- Episode #1 notes Download PDF 100 K
Did you like the podcast? Please send us your feedback Provide feedback about the Green Schools Program podcast
Would your class, Green Team, or school like to share a Sustainability Story with the community? Send us your story Send us your Sustainability Story to share with the Green Schools Program community