- Virtual gatherings to facilitate connections and collaboration between Green Team leaders, students, teachers, and others within and across districts. Participants can learn and also inspire others by sharing information, challenges, and successes. Registration information for each gathering will be posted below.
- What: Green Schools Virtual Gathering
When: Wednesday, October 20 - 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. via Zoom
Register: Green Schools Virtual Gatheringexternal link
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a link for joining the meeting.
- Connect with other students, staff, and volunteers interested in learning and action for sustainability! You’ll have opportunities to
- Hear about Green Schools Program updates for 2021-2022
- Gain concrete ideas for your student or school Green Team
- Learn about what other Green Teams are doing
- Brainstorm and share in small breakout rooms
- Ask program representatives questions
The gathering will remain open until 5:15 for informal discussion.
- Webinars for Green Team advisors, teachers, and others in the school community. See right column for 2020-21 recorded webinars.
- Podcast episodes from 2020-21 with tips for student Green Teams, interviews with Green Team leaders and sustainability experts, and local sustainability highlights. Listen or download show notes now!
Sustainability scavenger hunt challenges on GooseChase: 2020-21 school year
Earth Month challenge – April 2021
We received 597 submissions! Thanks to all who participated and showed their creativity through haikus, posters, and upcycled art such as a crocheted teddy bear made from plastic bags! Congratulations to the leading Challenge participants, including those who ended up in a five-way tie for first place.
- First place: Audubon Elementary School OWLS; BP Green Team; EAS Green Team; Samairat; and Tahoma High School
- Second place: TMS Green Team
- Third place: Joan Havrilla (Valley Christian School, Auburn)
- Fourth place: HOME Pandas
Sustainability Challenge – Fall 2020
Congratulations to the student teams who participated in the Fall 2020 Challenge. The five King County Green Teams from the schools listed below ended the fall 2020 Challenge with the most submissions.
- Bothell High School (Northshore School District)
- Tahoma High School (Tahoma School District)
- Valley Christian School (Private school)
- Summit Trail Middle School (Tahoma School District)
- Timberline Middle School (Lake Washington School District)
Green Team Activities
Monthly Green Team Activities For your Green Team or class, use the activities, videos, and other resources posted below. Activities can be used asynchronously via email or community boards, or synchronously in virtual meetings.
- Green Team Activities – May-June 2021 Download PDF 175 K
- Green Team Activities – March-April 2021 Download PDF 225 K
- Green Team Activities – Jan-Feb 2021 Download PDF 200 K
- Green Team Activities – December 2020 Download PDF 200 K
- Green Team Activities – November 2020 Download PDF 225 K
- Green Team Activities – October 2020 Download PDF 200 K
Episodes feature interviews with student Green Teams and environmental leaders, highlight local sustainability successes, share activities for Green Teams and classes, and more!