Virtual programs in 2020-21
The King County Green Schools Program is here to support student teams, teachers, and other school and district staff members virtually during COVID-19 school facility closures.
As students, teachers, and other staff members adapt to new learning environments, we are adapting with you to provide easy-to-use tools and information to support your sustainability education and actions. Our virtual programs offer places to learn, receive support, connect, and build community.
Focus of 2020-21 virtual programs:
- Student learning about sustainability.
- Student and student team sustainability actions at home and in their communities.
- Collaboration between students, teachers, and other school community members.
The virtual programs provide resources on how to run Green Teams virtually and on at-home sustainability projects for students. Student initiative, advocacy, and creativity will be encouraged.
2020-21 virtual programming
- Webinars to train Green Team advisors and to provide opportunities to connect within and across districts on sustainability topics.
- Virtual gatherings to facilitate connections with other Green Team leaders. Participants can learn and also inspire others by sharing information, challenges, and successes.
- Podcasts with tips for student Green Teams, educational content on sustainability, and interviews with Green Team leaders.
You are invited! Register to participate!
WHAT: Webinar on engaging with Green Schools virtually
WHEN: Thursday, October 15 from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Online via Zoom *
Join this webinar to:
- Know what to expect from the King County Green Schools Program in the year ahead.
- Learn how to lead a virtual Green Team.
- Collaborate with other attendees on actions for the upcoming school year.
You must register at this link external link to receive the Zoom link for the webinar.
After you register, you will receive information on attending the webinar by Zoom video call or by phone.
Our webinar will be interactive. Attendees will be invited to participate via the Chat and through conversation with one another.
Questions: Contact your King County Green Schools representative or email GreenSchools@triangleassociates.com.