To qualify for King County Behavioral Health Services you must meet both financial and medical necessity criteria.
- You have a Medicaid funded coupon and are assigned to an Apple Health Plan through the Washington State Healthcare Authority; OR
- You have an income that is 220% of the federal poverty guidelines for adults and 300% for children and families.
Medical Need Criteria:
- You are over the age of 18 and you have a mental, behavioral, or emotional disorder resulting in serious impairment, which substantially interferes with or limits one or more major life activities; OR
- You are a child under the age of 18 with a mental health problem that severely disrupts your ability to function socially, academically, and emotionally.
- The provider will also determine the level of service intensity needed at the time of service entry.
Not sure if you Qualify?:
Contact any of our behavioral health providers or your assigned behavioral health provider.
Substance use treatment eligibility in King County: The County continues to utilize the federal guidelines of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) as criteria for delivering the appropriate level of substance use services.
What if I don't qualify?
Even if you do not qualify for King County mental health services, you can find out about other low costs providers.