KingCare Select – Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
Formed by the integration of two outstanding health systems—CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason—Virginia Mason Franciscan Health offers a wealth of convenient hospital, clinic and care locations in western Washington. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, skilled physicians and their teams offer expert care with a compassionate touch for people throughout the Puget Sound area.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health includes more than 900 primary care providers; more than 10,000 specialists; and nine hospitals in King, Pierce, and Kitsap counties.
Do you have a Primary Care Provider?
A Primary Care Provider (PCP) can make a big difference in your health through continuity of care. That means you and your PCP establish a partnership over time to achieve the best possible health outcomes. Beginning in 2022, if you are enrolled in the KingCare Select medical plan, you must choose a PCP and let Regence know who you selected. Regence will create an ID card for each member with their PCP listed. If you don’t choose a PCP, Regence will assign one to you based on your area. You can change your PCP at any time. To learn more, watch the KingCare Select PCP video and see the PCP FAQ.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Network service area
Open the full service area map and list of facilities
- Lower deductible, copays, and out-of-pocket maximum than the KingCare PPO plan
- Same or next-day appointments for primary care
- Walk-in availability for urgent care
- Pediatric and adult behavioral health services
- Coordinated care from providers dedicated to enhancing the health of the community
- Access to electronic health records
Important Note: As a Catholic-affiliated health care system, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health providers do not provide elective pregnancy terminations (elective abortions). King County employees and family members enrolled in this plan can receive elective abortion care from any qualified provider in the KingCare PPO network without a referral.
Find a provider in the Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Network
- Use the provider search tool to determine if your current primary provider and other health professionals are part of the Virginia Mason Franciscan Health network. To learn how, watch this video: Using the Regence provider search tool.
- Be sure to perform a search for all family members. Each person in your family can choose their own provider, as long as all of your family's providers are in your chosen network.
- If you have questions about the network, a specific provider, or need help finding a network provider, call Virginia Mason Franciscan Health: 888-825-3227. If you have benefits questions, need to select your primary care provider, or to order an ID card, call Regence: 800-376-7926.
Employees and covered family members who want to continue seeing providers who are not part of the Virginia Mason Franciscan Health network will pay significantly more for care. See plan comparisons for details: Regular, ATU, Sheriff.
- Health Support Programs
- Plan Comparison (Regular)
- Plan Comparison (ATU)
- Plan Comparison (Sheriff)
- KingCare Select FAQs
Benefits and retirement
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays