Virginia Mason Franciscan Health offers a fourth network option
The KingCare Select medical plan is now offering a fourth network option. The Virginia Mason Franciscan Health network offers 900 primary care providers, 10,000 specialists, and nine hospitals in King, Pierce, and Kitsap counties. For more information, go to Virginia Mason Franciscan Health.
Employees who enroll in KingCare Select choose one of four Accountable Health Networks (AHNs) in the Puget Sound region: Eastside Health Network, MultiCare Connected Care™, UW Medicine, and Virginia Mason Franciscan Health.
With KingCare Select, you’re connected to a well-rounded network of local providers working as a team. They go beyond treating illness to focus on your total health and wellness. It’s convenient, personalized care at a lower cost.
Note: At this time, the KingCare Select medical plan is not available to TEA-Transit employees.
Do you have a Primary Care Provider?
A Primary Care Provider (PCP) can make a big difference in your health through continuity of care. That means you and your PCP establish a partnership over time to achieve the best possible health outcomes. If you are enrolled in the KingCare Select medical plan, you must choose a PCP and let Regence know who you selected. Regence will create an ID card for each member with their PCP listed. If you don’t choose a PCP, Regence will assign one to you based on your area. You can change your PCP at any time. To learn more, watch the KingCare Select PCP video and see the PCP FAQ.
Same benefits—lower cost
The KingCare Select plan covers the same set of services and offers the same benefit limits as the traditional KingCare PPO plan, but with lower deductibles and out-of-pocket costs when using network providers.
To compare plans, see the Regular, ATU, or Deputy Sheriff employee Medical Plan Comparison Charts. For complete plan details, see Benefits Summaries.
Learn more about KingCare Select networks
What you need to consider before choosing KingCare Select
- You must choose one of the four networks during Open Enrollment: KingCare Select gives you a choice between four different Accountable Health Networks (AHNs) in the Puget Sound region: Eastside Health Network, MultiCare Connected Care™, UW Medicine and Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Each provider network is separate. When you enroll in one, the providers in the other networks are considered out-of-network and you will pay more to see them. Some providers may be in more than one network.
- Providers and facilities: Each KingCare Select network offers a choice of specific health care providers and facilities. If you have particular providers or facilities you want to use, review the networks carefully. To learn how, watch this video: Using the Regence provider search tool.
- A doctor for each family member: Each person in your family can choose their own primary care provider (PCP) to address their health needs, as long as all of your family’s providers are in your chosen KingCare Select network.
- Out-of-network considerations: If you want to continue seeing providers who are not part of your chosen KingCare Select network, you will pay significantly more for care. For out-of-network coverage details, see the Medical Plan Comparison Chart for your benefit group: Regular employees, Transit ATU 587 employees, or Deputy Sheriff employees.
- Geographic service areas: The four networks primarily cover King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties. Review the service area maps for locations and facilities.
- Care while traveling: If you are traveling outside the plan’s service area and need urgent care, call the number on the back of your Regence Member ID card to be directed to a health care provider in the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network. For emergency care, visit the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Emergency care: You'll be covered for emergency care at the in-network level at any hospital emergency room.
- More: Watch the About KingCare Select video and see the KingCare Select FAQ.
Phone: 800-376-7926, 711 (TTY)
Email: Contact Regence
Web: Regence BlueShield
24/7 Nurse Line: 800-267-6729
Policy #s: Regular 10017241-0001, Transit 10017241-0004, Sheriff 10017241-0016
PO Box 1106
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone: 844-380-8838, 800-863-5488 (TTY)
Web: CVS Caremark
Policy #: 0385
CVS Caremark Claims Dept.
P.O. Box 52136
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2136
Benefits and retirement
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays