Schools and parents
Kickoff event toolkits
Use our free toolkits to help plan a SchoolPool kickoff event at your school! Available to anyone, each kit below includes:
- An event guide to support preparation and implementation (English)
- Customizable posters to share the event news of the event around school (English)
- Flyers to share event information with families (English, Spanish, traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali, and Russian)
- A digital promotions package, including newsletter and social media content (English, Spanish, traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali, and Russian)
- Safety tip sheets for adults and students (English, Spanish, traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali, and Russian)
- Extra event-specific materials such as yard signs and banners (translations vary by flagship event)
SEPTEMBER | Back to School Traffic Safety Campaign
Encourage people driving near schools to slow down, pay attention and watch out for kids.
OCTOBER | Walk & Roll to School Day
Celebrate getting active for the school commute, while reducing traffic congestion and emissions around schools.
FEBRUARY | Winter Walk & Roll to School Day
Motivate families to practice safety skills and enjoy being active outside, even during winter.
FEBRUARY | Cocoa for Carpools
Inspire families to carpool in creative and fun ways.
MAY | Bike to School Day
Celebrate spring and motivate families to bike, scoot, skate and walk to school.
Safe Routes to School Toolkit
Safe Routes to School (SRTS) programs support families choosing to walk, roll, bike and carpool to school. SRTS activities help cut traffic congestion and make it easier and more fun for families to share the trip to school. Use King County Metro’s Safe Routes to School toolkit and resources to get started.
Brochure, Safety Tip Sheets, Equity Tip Sheet, Helmet Fit Sheet, Bike Worksheets, Punch Cards, Transportation Pledge and Banners
Brochure, Safety Tip Sheets, Equity Tip Sheet, Banner:
Guidance on equity and accessibility is also provided to support you in making these activities and programs more inclusive. Download these King County SchoolPool guides to get a specific program or event started:
- Traffic Safety Campaign Guide & Materials
- Walk & Roll to School Day Event Guide
- Walking School Bus Guide
- Park & Walk Guide
- Bike Rodeo Event Guide
- Bike Fairy Guide
SchoolPool Activity Book
Learn how to be a walking, rolling, busing and carpooling role model with this fun activity book.
Create, implement and sustain a team of engaged volunteers to lead local SRTS effort.
School Transportation Hub Guidebook
A School Transportation Hub can help the whole family get to and from where they need to go (including school!) more efficiently and sustainably.
Classrooms or other school groups can form Green Teams and create environmental projects, such as carpool promotion in their communities or recycling programs at their school.